Saturday, April 28, 2007

Keong Mas -The Golden Snail (2) by Ken Kendro

To answer some questions from readers:
Law of Lord Kala. re: number of child (ren) in a family.
The following will be eaten by Lord Kala, if ruwatan is not performed.
One only - Ontang anting - dangling ornament. (boy or girl)
Two only or twins = Gedana gedini - no English word for it - boy and girl
Kembang sepasang - a pair of flowers - two girls
Uger uger lawang - door posts - two boys
Three only - Sendang apit2 pancuran - a pond between two fountains = boy, girl, boy
in that order
Pancuran apit2 sendang - a fountain between two ponds = girl, boy, girl
in that order
Five only - Pandhawa - the five brothers as in the Mahabarata legend = all boys
Serimpi - Palace court dancers - all girls
Six or more: you will be eaten by md's, hospitals, medication, and educational expenses.
============ ========= ========= ========
The next day, at breakfast.
King Kertamerta: "mBok Ratu, don't worry. I will discuss the situation with my advisors. "
Queen:" Sinuwun, please find a way. I will explain gently to Galuh Ajeng and Candra Kirana."
King Kertamerta: " I am off to the office, take care."
Queen: "Have a nice day, Sinuwun."
After the princesses woke up, and while they are having breakfast, the queen explained the delicate situation.
For the strength of the country, Galuh Ajeng must sacrify. To let her younger sister marry earlier.
Unless Galuh Ajeng can find a husband immediately. But at this moment there is no bachelor like Inu Kertapati,
Mr. Daha himself, available in the country.
No response from the two princesses. Quiet. But after a while.
Galuh Ajeng: " No way Jose. I am the Putri Pambayun (first child/female of a king) The kingdom will be mine.
Not Candra Kirana. And I am not about to put ads on Radio, TV, Newspaper, that I am looking for a husband.
Wanted a: husband? What an insult, insult, insult."
With that Galuh Ajeng put her Adidas running shoes, running sweatpants and shirt, left the yellow hall, flew to her
retired Simbok Emban (Indoor maid that carry babies on her side or back with a slendang). Her name is Simbok
Madusari (Mama the essence of honey), living not too far from the palace.
The queen and Candra Kirana, like the Hawaiian say: "No can do nothing."
They both felt real bad, but understand how Galuh Ajeng must feel.
They both retired from the dining area, and do what queens ad princesses do during the day.
Simbok Madusari seeing Galuh Ajeng running into the house, with tear in her eyes, said:
Madusari: " My baby, what is the matter. Tell simbok the problems, I will help you with my heart and soul,
with my life and death."
Galuh Ajeng: "Ooo mbok, help me. I am about to lose the kingdom to my younger sister. She will be married
to Inu Kertapati. She will jump over me. Pa and Ma agreed for the sake of the kingdom.
Ooo please help."
Madusari, hugged Galuh Ajeng: " O child, poor child, I will find a way. As a putri pambayun, don't show your emotion.
Be brave, like a queen should. Of course I will help you. Sit down next to me,
and have tea and some pisang goreng (banana fritters)."
Madusari brains started churning.
She expected big things for her retirement, when Galuh Ajeng ascended to the throne of Daha.
After a while, after Galuh Ajeng calmed down, she said: "Eureka, this is what we are going to do. Did you learn from the USA presidential elections? How the candidates slinging mud to each other? They are accusing each other, of being corrupt, womanizer, in the pocket of special interest groups, rigging votes, anti black, anti Hispanic, anti gay, pro abortions and etc.
Well, I can do the same thing, I Madusari the caretaker of Galuh Ajeng the future Queen of Daha vow to help Galuh Ajeng to win the throne of Daha."
Galuh Ajeng: " Simbok Madusari, is that fair?"
Madusari:" O child to win a kingdom, every way is the correct way. So don't worry, go back to the palace, I will start my mudslinging campaign immediately. Go child go."
Galuh Ajeng run back to the palace, meet the queen and her sister Candra Kirana, and say: "I am very sorry, for being emotional."

No comments: